THE MOBILE LOCATION STUDIO
THE SPECIAL TOOL FOR THE PHOTOGRAPHER WHO WANTS TO CONTROL THE LIGHT EVEN ON LOCATION.
The special tool for photographers who never leave their studio without their CAGE-STUDIO. It is used in the jungle, in the savannah and in Antarctica. There are photography projects where you want the same lighting environment all the time – perfectly controllable, just like in your own studio. The same is true for the home, outside on the lawn, at the beach or in a poorly lit town gymnasium. Small, handy, quick to assemble and dismantle, and can be taken on an airplane like golf equipment. This is THE SUN-CAGE. Perfect for the professional.
Greg Gorman from Los Angeles/CA and SUNBOUNCE director and designer Wolfgang-Peter Geller made it their goal to make this idea reality. The result is a stable cube construction with an edge length of 300 cm/ 10’, which meets all the requirements above and many more. A sophisticated screen combination is hung inside this space. In the standard version of the CAGE-STUDIO is implemented:
- The front of the CAGE STUDIO is open so that you can photograph into it – but, of course, this opening is used for direct, targeted light control.
- The left or right side is either equipped with a 2/3rd diffuser material or shaded with a black cloth. During assembly, you can select whether the diffuser material should be on the left or on the right depending on the position of the sun.
- The back is shaded with a black cloth. This cloth can be rolled up and reveals the background. Alternatively, very fine, net-like cloth (e.g. NO MOIRÈ) can be attached, which invisibly shade the background blurriness. A great effect. You know it from typical USA TV interview situations.
- The sky of the CAGE is equipped with a 2/3rd diffuser cloth and with a black cloth at the same time. Thanks to the practical zippers, you can decide whether you want light or shadow from the top.
- The poles weigh ca. 12.5 kg and fit into the optional SUNBOUNCE ROLLER BAG (#750-200B).
- The cloth weighs just over 4 kg and optionally fits into the SUNBOUNCE SCREEN-SAVER (#750-20B) Large.
It can be assembled by an assistant in less than 15 minutes*. He only requires help from a second person for 2 minutes.
*The assistant should have assembled the CAGE at least once before the actual shoot.